- 1 Can you make yogurt from flavored yogurt?
- 2 Can you substitute regular yogurt for Greek yogurt in a recipe?
- 3 Can you substitute flavored yogurt for plain yogurt?
- 4 Can you put sweetener in Greek yogurt?
- 5 Can I use regular yogurt as a starter?
- 6 How much yogurt should I use as a starter?
- 7 Why Greek yogurt is bad for you?
- 8 What is difference between Greek yogurt and regular yogurt?
- 9 What does Greek yogurt do in baking?
- 10 Can I use flavored yogurt for baking?
- 11 What is the difference between plain yogurt and vanilla yogurt?
- 12 What can substitute for plain yogurt?
- 13 How can I make Greek yogurt taste better without sugar?
- 14 What can I mix with Greek yogurt?
- 15 What yogurt has no artificial sweeteners?
Can you make yogurt from flavored yogurt?
A note on starters when learning how to make homemade yogurt: you can’t use flavored yogurt as a starter culture – the flavorings inhibit the fermentation process. This means you can’t flavor it until the next day, after the batch is finished and refrigerated.
Can you substitute regular yogurt for Greek yogurt in a recipe?
For any recipe that calls for Greek yogurt, you can substitute exactly the same amount of plain yogurt. It’s slightly less creamy and tangy, but it’s essentially Greek yogurt’s cousin. You also don’t need to deprive yourself of everything that’s tangy and creamy in the world.
Can you substitute flavored yogurt for plain yogurt?
Sour Cream and Whole Milk Yogurt Flavored yogurts such as lemon or vanilla can be substituted for plain in recipes where the flavors won’t clash.
Can you put sweetener in Greek yogurt?
Homemade flavored yogurt. Sweeten plain yogurt at home with your favorite flavors. It’s much lower in sugar than store-bought flavors. Just stir in fresh or frozen fruit (like frozen blueberries) and a dash (about 5 drops) of vanilla extract (or other extract) or a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Can I use regular yogurt as a starter?
You can go one of two ways with your starter: You can use a few spoonfuls of a store-bought yogurt that you like, or you can buy a powdered starter from the store (or online). I prefer using a few spoonfuls of plain yogurt, but the strain tends to weaken as you use it over subsequent batches.
How much yogurt should I use as a starter?
Start by using ½ gallon of milk and 2 tablespoons yogurt (the starter). Once you get the hang of the method and if you find yourself craving a larger batch, scale up to 1 gallon of milk and ¼ cup starter.
Why Greek yogurt is bad for you?
1. Because Greek yogurt can be made with bones and bugs. As with many yogurts, some Greek varieties add gelatin, which is made by boiling animals’ skin, tendons, ligaments, or bones. Many also add carmine to make the yogurt appear to contain more fruit than it does.
What is difference between Greek yogurt and regular yogurt?
Regular and Greek yogurt are made from the same ingredients but differ in nutrients. While regular yogurt tends to have fewer calories and more calcium, Greek yogurt has more protein and less sugar — and a much thicker consistency. Both types pack probiotics and support digestion, weight loss, and heart health.
What does Greek yogurt do in baking?
What does Greek yogurt do in baking? Its creaminess helps keep baked goods moist. Its tanginess imparts a crave-worthy, old-fashioned flavor. Its acidity helps activate baking soda, which can make baked goods fluffy and light.
Can I use flavored yogurt for baking?
Yogurt adds moisture and richness like nothing else, and is low in fat and calories. Vanilla or even fruit flavored yogurt can be used; experiment to find your favorite. You can also use it in other breakfast breads like waffles, coffee cake, or muffins.
What is the difference between plain yogurt and vanilla yogurt?
Although most people don’t believe there is a difference between plain and vanilla varieties of a product (e.g. yoghurt), there is in fact a difference. Plain means without any flavor whatsoever. And vanilla is a flavor, even though it’s a very mild one.
What can substitute for plain yogurt?
Substitute for Yogurt in Recipes
- For 1 cup of plain yogurt:
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- 1 cup cottage cheese, blended until smooth.
How can I make Greek yogurt taste better without sugar?
7 Yummy Toppings for Greek Yogurt Without Adding Sugar
- Cinnamon. This is my favorite and I use it in almost every combination I eat with the yogurt.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Natural Unsweetened Cocoa.
- Vanilla Extract.
- Flavored Liquid Stevia.
- Something Crunchy.
What can I mix with Greek yogurt?
How to eat plain Greek yogurt and enjoy it:
- Choose a creamy plain Greek yogurt.
- Choose a juicy fruit.
- Add a dash of honey or pure maple syrup (a dash!).
- Optional: top with cinnamon for added flavor, stir in a spoonful of low sugar chia seed jam, or top with toasted oats and/or a low sugar granola.
What yogurt has no artificial sweeteners?
There are no artificial sweeteners in any flavor of Stonyfield Organic Yogurt, YoPlait Kids Yogurt, Trader Joe’s Organic Low Fat Yogurt or Strauss Family Creamery Organic Yogurt. Both Ronnybrook European Style Yogurt and Chobani Greek Yogurt are free of sweeteners.